Thursday, November 1, 2012

So much to do...

October was a very busy month. 
The seasons changing begs of us to hurry up the projects before we are stuck inside for the winter!
There were field trips to be had (and brothers to tag along!). 
This was Andrew's first official school field trip although he's probably tagged along a few times too! Asher got to tag along this time. We had some gorgeous October weather.


 There was eating and picking apples to do! 
Selecting just the "right" one is Asher's favorite part...right up there with eating it to the core. He's convinced himself that apple seeds are deer poop. 
"Moommm, I all done, there's deer poop in my apple". 

There was selecting the perfect pumpkin!
The woman working the pumpkin patch said, "Be sure to select one that's just right, about the size of your head"...ha! Andrew seemed to have no problem sizing up a pretty accurate read on that. 
(One bonus in not having a big block head)

 Then of course there was the carving decorating!
Ahh the decorating.
Jalen ( 9) does things herself. Hers is the owl {minor carving by dad}.
Jordan (7) still needs a tad bit of help...however going with a mummy, things were fairly easy.
Andrew (5) is obsessed with robbers - hence a mask and googly eyes - simplicity and creativity all in one. Then he got carried away with bullets and arrows and gun shot wounds...sigh!
Asher (2, and still terrible at times but we still love him) - That is why I broke down and just bought the $1 push pin potato head face kit from the Dollar Store and said "Here!"  He still managed to break almost all of it.
Smile while Dad cooks up a wicked slash-pile! 
 (mine was the Chevron stripes)


Then.....we had Mrs. Spider's Tea Party for Andrew's Pre-K Class on Tue.
(ironically I did not plan for him to be wearing that shirt after I made the most awesome Spider cupcakes!)


 Aren't they cute? I thought so.
I got told by a bunch of 4 year olds that they were not technically arachnid cupcakes because my insects only had 6 legs instead of 8. Ok!


 
Then on Wed. after re-couping from one party it was on to heading up the next.
I was Organizer of Jordan's class party.
Of course our game stations rocked!
We did Spooky Smiles...and Pumpkin Patch Math... Ghoulish Popcorn Hands
  
..and I'm pretty sure we were the only ones with Ghost Bowling
Thanks Luke for helping paint!

As for a picture of all four of them...these will have to do!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
From Our House To Yours:


 (couldn't resist the expression on Jordan and Andrew's faces)



November...you can take your time....please come slowly with only the smallest amounts of snow possible :)



post signature