Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Shower Synopsis


Last month I hosted my {East-Coast} sister Jilliann's baby shower. We held the shower in town for all the friends and family who live out west! She and her hubby are expecting their first, a girl, early April. Diamonds are a girls best friend eh? Ask me how I know ;)

My two girls and I had lots of fun with Planning Patrol. Details details! There's a lot that goes into a large shower... by large I mean 31 people in attendance! Thank goodness I had the excuse of a in-progress kitchen remodel, and was able to host it at my parents' place. It was ideal, as most folks live closer to their neck of the woods anyhow.

Baby girl's sophisticated nursery theme was also our shower theme {navy blue, khaki and pearls}! That made for some custom designing & planning, but seriously....what now-a-days isn't? I was surprised shopping online how things are still traditionally pink if it's a girl, and blue if it's a boy...boo :(  My goodness folks lets move out of the mold with how many color arrays are out there to chose from. Thank goodness for Etsy! Once I had the invitations behind me, the rest seemed to fall into place.

Perfect Navy Flourish Invites were created using shutterfly


Most decorations were pretty straightforward, simple, easy, and inexpensive {+ it helped that I had been pinning since Christmas}. Planning a shower on a budget, without a lot of time, + 4 little ones at home simply left no other option. But I was pleased with what we came up with & how it turned out. I will explain "how to's" on the things I made, as well as link up with the ones purchased:


My own version of this baby swag



HOW TO:  Take a pretty stick. Spray paint it white.  Knot desired-length pieces of your favorite color tulle onto the stick. Tie on custom lettering with clear fishing line + DIY tissue pom pom tutorial (psssst Dollar store has all kinds of tissue paper...you can make a Ton of pom poms for cheap!)

Mama Memoir Book Station
 I found a navy & white smaller photo album, and turned it into a "mama memoir" book.
I took white card stock, and used my rubber stamps (and navy ink) and stamped up several different themed pages, and then let the women write a personal card of encouragement, funny child rearing story, much remembered bible passage, or anything quasi-related to the mama! on their card, and then we had the ladies put their contact info on them as well ~ cuz everyone loves baby pics once she arrives! ~ and we slipped these pages into the photo sleeves to complete a book of love & laughs for years to come as she enters into blessed motha'hood!

My help had a little fun loading up the whole house in the van.
The gender-neutral baby bunting from Happy Hankerings will be a great use for future showers too!
My talented sis Annette whipped up The Best sugar cookies ~ even in navy and edible pearls!

CakeMD made a delectable & delish cake! Her incredible talent far surpasses anything I could do in the cake dept!


The very intricate sugar-baby cake topper {and all edible.....amazing}!

On the menu was: fruits, veggies, bread, hot spinach-artichoke dip, confetti popcorn, punch, cake and cookies!

A wordless You Tube Tutorial..and again, it really was pretty simple. Prepared the night before, it transported well.

Paper Garland! Sooooo amazingly easy and I don't sew :)
A few real pearl colored Lilies arranged with pearl accents from Hobby Lobby

Fun & festive color coordinated paper straws from Esty shop Lemon Drop Shop

Baby Girl Lovelies!

Baby girl gifts can be wrapped waaaaay cuter than baby boy!
Boots for the Sweet Darlin' to match her daddy!

Baby gifts being opened NEVER gets boring to watch ;)


Baby-Daddy is a BIG Dallas Cowboys fan :) They were part of the Dady Doody Kit.


Proud Momma to Be!

This girl swam walked away with a serious shoe collection.

Prettiest mess I've seen in a long time :)

My girls had fun playing with baby Abigail...so did she!
Miss-I-can't-wait-to-babysitt...only 2 more years!!
A stuffed pig adorning a motorcycle made out of burp cloths, diapers, and blankets. Clever!
She was blessed, and it sure was fun to be a part!

More amazing was that we managed to get it all into her two checked bags, so she could bring it all home! Baby girl Hanten we are excited for your debut into this world. Your shoe collection will just be the beginning to your taste in fashion I'm sure. Your mom and dad are going to make great parents, and you will for sure be blessed! Can't wait to meet you.

post signature

1 comment:

Comments make our day ;) We'd love to hear from you: